What information do we collect?
We collect personal information that you give us voluntarily. This may include your name, email address, phone number, address, customer service requests, and payment information including bank account or credit card information. This personal information is used to provide our services to you, such as sending our email newsletter.
We collect information from you when any of the following occur:
- You communicate with us through email, telephone, mail, social media, or other method.
- You pay for services received at iHope or other related services and events.
- You opt-in to receive email newsletters or other promotional materials.
- You provide us with your personal information for other voluntary reasons.
We may use a third-party provider to process payment information, send email newsletters, or otherwise help us provide effective services to you. These third parties may receive and store your personal information as necessary in order for the service to be provided, such as processing payment for your order. At those times, the privacy practices of that third party apply to such personal information.
As most websites do, we also may collect certain non-personal information from you, as may our third-party providers. This includes but is not limited to your browser type, device type, operating system, IP address, installation data, error and other use codes, and referring website address. This information is not personally identifiable and is only use in aggregate, not in any way that personally identifies you. In addition, we may collect information about your browsing behavior such as the date and time you visit the Site, the areas of the Site that you visit, the amount of time spent viewing the Site, the number of times you return to the Site, and other click-stream data. Again, we have no way of connecting this information to you as an individual.
How do we use your information?
We may use your information in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience on the Site and allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which our users, like you, are most interested.
- To improve the Site in order to better serve you.
- To fulfill your requests or orders for products and services.
- To contact you, including but not limited to communication about our products and services, transaction information, direct marketing, responding to customer service requests, or other communication as deemed appropriate.
- To verify your identity, fulfill orders, or to make or receive payments.
- To detect, investigate, prevent, or respond to activities that may violate our policies, be illegal or dangerous, or damage the Site, our business, or others’ businesses.
- As otherwise described to you at the time of collection or with your voluntary consent.
If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will contact you regularly for general communication and advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of our online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. This allows us to adapt our content and services to best meet the interests and needs of our users. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties. We will never sell your information. You have the right to unsubscribe at any time.
Your Rights Related to Your Personal Information
You may opt-out of future email communications by following the “unsubscribe” link in any of our emails. You may also email us directly with the subject line “Unsubscribe.” If you opt-out, we will still email you regarding payments, customer service requests, or other non-marketing communications as necessary.
Please contact us by email at email@example.com if you need to request any of the following:
- You may access the personal information we have about you.
- You may request an amendment to, correction of, or update to your personal information.
- In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. Even in this situation, we may retain certain personal information if required by law or for legitimate business purposes as permitted by law.
- You may object to our processing of your personal information (including for marketing purposes), based on profiling or automated decision-making. However, we may continue to process your personal information if we are doing so in accordance with legal regulations.
- We collect and use your personal information based on your consent. You may revoke your consent at any time. In doing so, you may be prevented from accessing any service or feature that requires collection or use of the personal information we collect or use based on consent.
How do we protect the information we receive?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of people who have special access rights to such systems, and who are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information (including credit card information) that you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers. We do not store credit/debit card information on our systems.
We implement a variety of security measures when users make a payment (including donations) online or otherwise enter their information. This is to maintain the safety of your personal information. We review the site on a regular basis for security vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Despite our best precautions, no website can guarantee the privacy of all communication over the Internet, because the Internet is not a secure medium. Therefore, if you need to transmit sensitive information to us, please call us on the telephone or visit us in person. Sensitive information may include, but is not limited to, your social security number, information regarding your race or ethnic origin, health and mental health information, and criminal background. If you do submit such information to us through the Internet, you agree that we are not responsible for any harm, loss, or damage you may incur by the sending of personal information or other confidential information over the Internet to us, and you agree that such communications are made at your own risk. If you believe that we have asked you for sensitive information inappropriately, please email us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monitor Site usage.
- Understand and save your preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
- We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You may change your web browser’s settings to adjust your cookie preferences. Check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookies preferences. It is possible that, should you choose to disable cookies on your web browser, some features of the Site may be disabled and some of our services may not function properly.
Third Party Web Analytics Services
We may use third party web analytics on the site and in communications we send to you. The service providers that administer these services also use technologies such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons, and similar technologies to help us analyze how you use the Site and our emails.
Third Party Disclosures
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to outside parties unless we provide you with advanced notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Do Not Track
Our Site may not respond to the Do Not Track setting of your web browser.
Our website, email communications, and other digital services are not directed to children under the age of 13. We do, however, provide counseling services to children under the age of 13, with appropriate parental informed consent.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain digital or electronic information on children under the age of 13. If you are the parent or guardian of a child receiving counseling services at iHope, the terms of the Informed Consent for Treatment apply with regards to maintenance of records.
Transfer and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Your information, including personal information, may be disclosed in the following situations:
- We may share your information with our employees, independent contractors, subsidiaries, affiliates, consultants, business associates, service providers, and suppliers, if the disclosure is necessary to enable any of these entities to perform a business, professional, fulfillment, marketing, information technology, or technical support function for us.
- We may share your information with third-party service providers that perform functions on our behalf. These entities may have access to your information only as needed to perform their functions. For example, this includes organizations to handle our payment processing and email management.
- We may use or disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary for legal purposes, safety purposes, emergency purposes, or for the protection and defense of our rights, property, or users.
- We may change our ownership or corporate organization or be involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets. In such an event, we may transfer some or all of your information to the organization or individual with whom the event has occurred.
- We may share your information with other third parties when you consent to such sharing. In addition to the disclosures above, we may disclose non-personal information to third parties, such as aggregate website usage data or demographic reports that do not describe or identify individual users.
If you are a client receiving services at iHope, additional releases of your confidential information are governed by the terms of your Informed Consent for Treatment. This sheet is signed in your first session and can be reviewed at any time.
All site content is copyright © 2017-2021. All rights reserved. Blogposts can be shared publicly or privately if credit is clearly given.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us by the following information:
Phone: (843) 702-0323
Address: 1414 W. Evans Street, Florence, SC 29501